Graham started his legal career in 1984 as a law clerk. Graham was admitted to the Law Society of NSW in 1990, and has since practiced in most areas of law and has appeared in Federal Courts and State Courts both instructing Barristers and as a Solicitor Advocate, without a Barrister. Since 1997, Graham’s practice has focused more particularly on Commercial Law and Insolvency, of which he is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation (Insolvency), and he has developed specialised knowledge and experience in Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution. Graham has since attained National Mediation Accreditation.
- Diploma Law (SAB) Diploma PLT (UTS) 1990
- Bachelor of Commerce with Merit 1999
- Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice Certificate 2001
- Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation (Insolvency) 2004
- Level One Collaborative Practice Certificate 2007
- Commercial Mediation Certificate 2010
- National Mediation Accreditation 2017
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE
June 1990, Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia.
Graham seeks and achieves the resolution of conflicts through a variety of methods including litigation and alternative dispute resolution procedures such as:
- Arbitration; and
Examples of matters in which Graham has acted are:
- Commercial litigation relating to debt recovery, insurance, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, contract disputes and failed businesses.
- Legal advice and dispute resolution in receiverships, administrations and liquidation of companies in many industry and commercial sectors.
- Advising company directors and shareholders concerning their rights and obligations.
In addition, Graham has extensive experience and formal training in insolvency related litigation and has acted for many companies and liquidators to recover funds and to defend claims by creditors.
Graham has also undertaken courses in Negotiation, Collaborative Law and Mediation.
Graham has been involved in law since he started as a clerk in 1984 performing general legal work. From 1999 he has specialised in commercial litigation and insolvency related work, before becoming a director of Access Law Group in 2002.
He is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, specialising in insolvency, and attained National Mediation Accreditation in 2017.
Graham was a Director and founding member of the Leadership Development Forum. He is a Solicitor member of the Law Society of NSW.
He is a Life Member of the Association of Apex Clubs, was a former Board Member of the Specialist Accreditation Board of the Law Society of New South Wales for 12 years and is now President of The Illawarra Connection.
Graham was made on Honorary Member of the Golden Key Society in 2011, has been a director of the Wollongong Hawks and is a former director, and Company Secretary of Basketball Illawarra.
Graham has presented seminars on Director’s Duties and Liabilities in Wollongong and Parramatta as well as seminars on Leadership, Procrastination and Delegation for the Leadership Development Forum.
Graham has also presented papers on:
- Asset Protection in an Insolvency Framework;
- Director Penalty Notices;
- Public Examinations under the Corporations Act;
- Social Media Policies; and
- The Golden Rule.
In addition, Graham has presented a workshop on Negotiation for high school students involved in the Young Achievers Program.